We all love how Facebook notifies its users on the notification received for various activities such as messages, comments, friend request, etc.
Notification is displayed on the Browser title tab with a number. It makes sure that user is brought back to the website to check out that notification (Trust me – From SEO point of view, it helps alot to keep user on the website).
BuddyPress core has been missing out on this important feature for a while.
FB like notification for buddypress is one such plugin which solves the purpose & gives us notification just like FaceBook in real-time. More-over, it works fine on Multi-site too.
Here are few features of the plugin listed down for you:
- Real-time notification for BuddyPress / Multi-site
- Notification for adding friend, receiving messages, comments, groups. In short, everything which BuddyPress covers under notification bar.
- Works same as Facebook Notification. (Screenshot attached)
- BuddyPress Notification plugin updates browser window title even if user is away.
The plugin repeatedly checks for new notifications for the loggedin user and if any new notification is found, it does 2 things:
1) Updates the browser window title( e.g: ‘members|mydomain.com’ becomes ‘(2) members|mydomain.com’ ) and blinks/switches repeatedly between the old and new title
2) Updates the notification menu:
– adds new notification(if any) items to the list
– updates the existing ones(if any). E.g: from ‘You have 1 new message’ to ‘You have 2 new messages’
Hope you like the post. Comments are entertained as well 🙂
Use the plugin by using the below “Download” button.