So, there’s this great plugin WordPress Social Login, which allows your WordPress site visitors to login with many social networks. But many a times, the profile picture from the social network will not be reflected at your website, specially if you have BuddyPress installed.
Here’s the test condition:
- You have both BuddyPress and WordPress Social Login installed on your website.
- A new user registers/logs-in using facebook, his details are imported but instead of his profile pic from facebook, the default mystery-man is shown as the avatar of the user.
- And you want to fix that!
Here’s what to do about it.
- Login as administrator and go to Settings>WP Social Login. Go to the Widget tab. So you should be on a url like /wp-admin/options-general.php?page=wordpress-social-login&wslp=login-widget. In the basic settings section, select Display users avatars from social networks when available from the user avatar dropdown.
- Then add the following code in functions.php of your theme( or any proper location if you are doing a plugin ):
Remember : the above code will give erros if you don’t have BuddyPress installed !!
That’s it here, let me know if it doesn’t work for you.
Update: Updated and tested to work with BuddyPress 2.8.2.